POSITION: PROJECT ASSISTANT
Institut for Peace, Develepment and Innovation (IPSIA) is an Italian NGO working in several countries of the world, mainly in the fields of international cooperation, socio-economic development of local communities, youth activism and environmental awareness.
Uninterruptedly present in Una-Sana Canton since 1997, IPSIA is one of the last international NGOs that has chosen to remain in BiH after the war and up until today. After our first emergency projects (reconstruction of roads, houses, small hospitals) a substantial economic development project followed: restoration, training and managerial support of two wood processing factories in Ključ and Ribnik. Later on IPSIA settled in Bosanska Krupa and Bihać with several important projects for the reconstruction of both economic network and social fabric.
Beside these larger and more complex projects, IPSIA has ceaselessly designed and implemented lighter projects to foster volunteering and youth mobility.
As of 2015 IPSIA has been working along the Balkan Route, from the Greek islands to Milan. Starting in 2016 in Serbia and since 2018 in BiH, IPSIA develops and implements projects in favor of migrants and asylum seekers along the Balkan route, inside Transit and Asylum centers with the aim to improve the quality of time that people spend in the center, through stress relief activitities, psycho-social, animation and recreational interventions.
POSITION AND TERMS OF RECRUITMENT:
- Under direct supervision of the IPSIA Coordinator, the project assistant will provide general support during field activities and developing activities with and for refugees/migrants (educational, creative, sports, etc.), provide general capacity of the development of the organization structure, offer general office support, translation services and other ad-hoc duties as required.
- The Project assistant will work mainly in Bihac, Bosnia and Herzegovina, but also in other places in Una Sana Canton mainly (working time Monday/Friday – 10.00/18.00 with possible requests to work during weekend only for specific activities)
- Start of work: immediately after the selection process is completed.
- Successful candidate will enjoy good working conditions in a friendly, intercultural and creative work environment
- Experience of work within the humanitarian organization and civil society organizations of international character
- The employment period is until the end of 2020, including a 1-month probationary period, with the possibility of extension.
- Working in the refugee/migrant center/s and engaging in program activities;
- Assisting in developing, organizing and implementing program activities;
- Ensuring a safe, positive and stimulating atmosphere for the refugees/migrants during the planned activities;
- Providing written translations of documents when needed (BHS/English and viceversa)
- Participating at team meetings and coordination meetings with other subject and partners;
- Keeping records and compiling reports in the form and manner defined by IPSIA;
- Participating in the trainings organized by IPSIA
- Coordinate and supervise volunteers undertaking duties related to the programmes in collaboration with the other members of the team
- Performing other duties in accordance with the additional instructions of IPSIA
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Languages: spoken and written proficiency in English required; other languages will be considered an asset.
- Experience: the candidate has at least one year of experience (working or volunteering) in civil society projects with an international or local NGO or related organization. Any practical and academic experience on humanitarian issues, intercultural mediation and experience in working with vulnerable populations is desirable.
- Education: higher level of education desirable.
- Driving license: Clean driving record and license B category.
HOW TO APPLY:
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Interview will take place on 15.07 and 16.07 in Bihac.
No other kind of communicatiojn will be taken in consideration (Facebook and other social media).
Your personal information will remain strictly confidential in accordance with the law on data protection.